Tuesday, April 24, 2007

One little sin, what harm can it do?
Give it free reign and soon there are two
Then sinful deeds and habits ensue -
Guard well your thoughts, lest they control you.
--- Our Daily Bread, 24 April.

A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest -
and poverty will come on you like a bandit
and scarcity like an armed man.


Where did you think the second poem came from. None other than the Good Book itself! Proverbs 24:33-34. Sounds like it just came from any other 'self-help' book huh.. Anyway, was just pondering over these poems and saw myself in that position. I'm now just WAITING for my uni application. Also just WAITING for my scholarship application. I'm literally 'folding my hands' everyday (and even at work too!) and I'm kinda almost just WAITING for things to happen. sigh.

I'm actually quite ok about my future..somehow I feel as if it's been taken care of already. Don't really need to worry about what post-grad I'll be doing, which uni I'll be at..and more, WHERE'S the money gonna come from. I believe it's Him who makes me feel this secure. But the thing is, it doesn't look exactly right. It's like, in the eyes of the world, people always advise to DO SOMETHING about your life. There's always 'something' that you can or should be doing now to move on.. it's like, you can't 'sit on your fat a** and expect something to drop on your lap' kind of thing. The problem is, that's exactly how I'm feeling now!

Sigh. But if i wanna think about it, I can be worried about all those things. Especially MONEY. A Master's degree is no joke. Inclusive of everything that you could possibly think of, it could easily amount to $140,000! I know money shouldn't be a problem, can always get a loan from a bank or something, but still, I have to pay it all back, and it's gonna be that huge sum.

My dad just passed me this book called 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad'. It's a book on how not to have to work for money, but how to have money work for us! haha.. Aiyah, at the end of the day, it's what brings food to the table isn't it? Then whether you enjoy it or think that what you do to get it there is worth it is another thing.

Sigh. pray for me, guys.

1 Comments:

Blogger efarmer said...

hey girl,
Abel here. I also in the same predicament man. Not sure what to do after my degree. Quite sick right having to think about all the practical stuff to do with money. At least you have job man. All the best ya.. i am sure God will provide in His good time.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home