Friday, February 01, 2008

I'm gonna be marrying a Taleban.

Was just having a casual routine crazy car-conversation with my dad yesterday.

Somehow, out of the blue he said that he pities my future bf/husband.

Obviously, innocently I was like, 'why Dad, why? Hmm?' *blink blink*

He said I'm such a torturous and terrible gf that the one who's gonna be my bf has gotta be prepared for battle..gotta be strong, able to withstand high levels of destruction (emotional and mental) and pain. Preferably having gone through a commando course..who's gone through serious training..not afraid to DIE cos dating me would mean DEATH.. Then he went on to say that he'll audition the unfortunate applicants before they date me, to 'stamp and approve' of their ability before they embark on their journey with me.

Of course, all this was said with FULL of love and affection in the car.....
...and with me screaming and laughing my head off in the passenger seat, eyes squashed closed and all.

"I must make sure he's the General of the army," my dad proudly continued, "maybe he can run very fast too - oh i know! He'll be from Africa!" Then we agreed he'll be from Jamaica, saying that he'll be running ahead of me on the ECP, dun need to take my car..also, I'll be taking his money for shoes - MY shoes, that is..

Then, it suddenly dawned on him.. "Aha!!" ..with a jumping 'eureka' effect in his voice. "I know who already. He'll definitely be ready for war, has withstood torture and pain in training.."

With compounded anticipation I was like, "huh? WHO?"

"The TALEBAN!"

My car door almost broke as I slapped it generously in aggravated amusement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home