Wednesday, December 07, 2005

er...can I buy that Christmas tree?

It's 18 days to Christmas and my family hasn't even gotten a tree yet!! but I think we'll be going down to IKEA to buy one today..one of those REAL pine trees that exude that therapeutic fragrance .. really nice to wake up and go out of my room and greeted by the smell .. that was how it was the first time we bought a real tree, and that's how it was ever since.. can't wait!

How's everyone? (not like i'm speaking to a whole lot of people reading my blog...) but anyway, i feel as if the exams had torn me away from civilization that those 5 weeks of slogging it out in the library felt like 2 years.. i really hope i'll do better this sem.. I wanna graduate, yet also wanna do honours.. but if i can, I hope to do Masters.. but then again, do I REALLY need Masters to do what I want?? thing is, WHAT do i wanna do??

Yes some of you have heard that i'm interested in child and sports psychology.. i think i'm more interested in the latter. Pay may not be very good, i expect that. But I think, you know at the end of the day, I think it's HOW you make out of what you have that counts. If you are happy with a million bucks, good for you. If you can be happy with $3k a month, even better. I think, it's not what you have that makes one happy, it's actually HOW one can MAKE him/herself happy. yup.. was trying to avoid the cliche terms of 'Be contented with what you have' phrase.. but I think it's really true.

People, there's gonna be only two ways after death : Heaven or Hell. This is truth, whether you LIKE it, or NOT. And what's more, there's this thing called 'ETERNITY' after death. So, lesson of the day, you'll be spending eternity either in Heaven, or in Hell. Simple as that. Now why did I suddenly plunge into preachy-style all over? this is in relation to what I wanna do now! I mean, why slog it out trying to earn AS MUCH $$$ as I can, try to please the whole world, try to look better than other wearing the most trendy set of clothes, try to get to a more prestigious university, try to get a higher qualification, try to choose between a 2m Christmas tree or a 12 feet one...(ok that one was out of point).. but, sigh.. Why? what for? so i can live comfortably? to that I can gain 'respect'? k lah, yes, sometimes the world works like that - looking at the supericialities..the 'Give-them-what-the-world-wants-and-you-can-get-what-you-want' attitude. But I wanna thank God that this is not so when it comes to Judgement Day. Not to say that I'm super holy or even 'more' pure than others, I horrible - a sinner (yes, sorry some Christian jargons used.. but it's true) and it all boils down to HOW I lived my life that I'm judged by God.

haha.. took pretty long to get to my point right. but that's also for me to express my concern for some people i've seen doing all the above.. trying so hard to get all this... all this.. TEMPORAL stuff in this world.. how long can we all live? huh? average? 80 years? 90? sometimes if you're super healthy or what, 100 maybe? ok. so let's compare that to AFTER death = ETERNITY. Maths students: what's 100 divided by infinity? ...... *calculate?* aiyoh dun need to calculate lah.. everybody knows that ANYTHING divided by infinity is ZERO. That's right, NOTHING! our life here on earth wouldn't even be considered like a tiny SPECK of dust on our head.

Now that Christmas is coming, there're many mission trips scheduled to go overseas to spread the Gospel. I think that's the best give anyone can give - cos..it LASTS FOREVER. okok I'll stop the Christian talk .. some of you might have gotten gross all over already and probably even irritated with all this kind of talk.. but you see what i mean..sigh.. not that i wanna accuse or what, but I think non-believers are pretty much caught up with their own self-proclaimed philosophies in life, their own beliefs on how life could be determined by themselves, their 'hey-I-have-experienced-so-much-so-this-is-the-way' kind of attitude in life. When they're (either forgetting or) missing out on the TRUTH! it's so simple as just to accept Jesus Christ and believe in him.. but it's just so sad that they just DOUBT it.. sigh. it's a real loss..

Anyway, this Christmas, I hope the Word gets to more people out there. especially those who haven't even HEARD about Christ.

UPDATE on signs of End Times: Toxins have entered river in China. All water sources ceased. If anyone drinks, it's poison. How long till solved? Don't know. May take years. Toxicated may reach the sea and hence infect wildlife and surrounding countries.

my gosh. this time it's the huge country, China. the most densely populated country in Asia (and I'm not sure if it's also in the world.. forgot..) but.. yeah you get my point.

ok sorry to cut short (actually quite long aye..) I'm going off to buy Christmas tree now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home