Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"For I know the plans I have for you
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you
Plans to give you hope and a future."
- God.

What a promise. Such comfort. Hard to believe? Yeah. best thing: IT'S TRUE, and, IT'S FREE. "Huh?? then why am i going through so much suffering? why is my life in such a mess? why are there so many catastrophies in the world?" why this?? why that???? .....

If there were no suffering, would you feel/know when is happiness in your life? ..... If there were no more sickness, would you ever notice God's miracles?..... If there were no sadness, would you ever feel God's grace and comfort?..... If life were smooth-sailing, would God be needed anymore? ..... If you could do everything and anything by yourself, would God ever be GOD anymore?

The Bible predicts of trials and sufferings .. especially when it's near the End Times. You might have heard of 'Rapture', 'Second coming', 'Armaggadon' (oops is that how you spell it..) and 'Judgment Day' just to name a few. Now, we're just getting started..the 'tip of the ice-berg'. Every year ever since 2001, there's been so many disasters - whether man-made or natural. Guess what, the Bible predicts of even worse ones to come.

I've got my fair share of problems and trials. I've been heart-broken dunno how many times...by all my various crushes for example (haha.. ). I've be disappointed by my close ones and myself (definitely). I've had seen people come and go.. There're many things in life that each teach me something. I'm 20. Soon to be 21. Damn young. Still have lots to learn. Each trial helps me grow one notch. I can hear God's soft, gentle prompting to lead me where I'm supposed to go. It's soft and gentle - that's why sometimes I miss it and end up going the wrong way. Thank God, He catches me at the right moment and steers me back.

This is what I call grace. By God's amazing grace, we are saved, we have HOPE, even in the super-darkest hour - something sometimes non-Christians can't grasp. By this, we can get through all these trails, all these sufferings, all these unhappiness happening around us. Just hang in there.


1 Comments:

Blogger efarmer said...

HAha.. i see you change your font colour. well done. Amen to your post. But i dont agree with the 21 is young. After 21, every other bday is just old hahaha.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home