Saturday, October 01, 2005

thoughts..

Carl's Junior gave me and Kenley a good treat last night - I bought Famous Star (which i think is the most worth it burger.. it's HUGE and super cheap compare to the other burgers! about $4 plus!) then Kenley bought a meal so we shared the drink since it was free flow.. heh. After which we had Anderson's Ice Cream.. mmm.. shiok! had a sundae with mocha almond fudge, hazelnut rocher (with the 'ferrerer rocher' chocolate!) and Danish Nougat - VERY NICE combination! hmmmm...

Heh. I'm taking Able's advice on the colours of my blog.. is it working? thought maybe this might aid reading and where you've stopped since my blogs are sometimes kinda lonnggg... hee sorry.. sometimes i just get carried away and can't seem to stop rattling..

I'm currently listening to Corrinne May and .. I just LOVE her voice.. it sounds quite soothing and controlled.. and the lyrics.. sometimes it's just a story..sometimes it's an expression of gratitude, sometims a lamentation, sometimes about hope. the best thing is, she's a Christian. Some of her songs are referring to God - this makes it even more meaningful.. and not like those soapy love songs on the radio these days.. saying stuff like.. 'oh baby.. i want you back.. if only i can change what i did., you're gone now..' blah blah.. aiyoh.. i hear also heart pain. Anyway, I've got Kenley's CD .. but i'll be getting my own! when i have the money to spare.. sigh.

Oh today I just got a student for piano! My first piano student - private session.. I kinda have got some experience from teaching music in schools the past two years - in primary and secondary school.. so i'll try my best.. (Yes anonymous.. THIS time, I'll really be TEACHING something. Believe it or not.) In fact, i just realised.. i'm very much a teacher.. I coach swimming, I give tuition to a couple of my cousins and now.. i'm to be a piano teacher! yikes! i'm actually venturing into the life that i dun really intend to take up.. haha.. but then.. i'm enjoying it leh.. hmm.. i'll think about it..

Today was IFG and it was quite an experience. We had a bad feeling that Arts would lose out this round cos of a Jac in Business.. heh.. we were right.. Jac did a good job man.. scooping all the golds that she so deserve.. while i.. was eating her bubbles most of the time.. haha.. getting second for all my individual events.. haiyah..i'm always so near yet so far.. like lifesaving also.. this year was my first competition and got 4th for all my events. HAHA. Dui lah.. heh. but nvm..they were fun.. and that's what i look for.. heh. Anyway, overall girls went to Business and Arts got 1st runner up.. while our guys got 1st runner up too, Arts got the OVERALL champ! heh.. that's more impt.. Sulynn and I are quite happy.. considering the circumstances we had.. (lack of swimmers etc..).

I couldn't sleep last night so I started thinking on how to plan for my birthday party. Was thinking of having it at my place - more... homely.. haha.. nah.. it gives me a better feeling i guess.. I've had quite a bit of plans.. but i dun intend to say it here.. it'll be a surprise! (just how i like it. =) )

Gonna be singing tmr at church.. the same solo song again.. My church pastors and those who went for that performance that night said that it was a waste if we performed only once and not the whole church had attended it (cos it was on a saturday instead of normal service day on Sunday). So they suggested we perform some songs during service tmr..

hmm.. I like singing.. in fact.. I LOVE singing.. Last night i also thought how it would be like if I were to sing at restaurants like maybe Wala-Wala.. or hotels with live bands.. that'll be so nice.. love the music and all that goes with it.. it just feels so good.. you know.. like dancing.. especially when dancing to a good song that really gets you.. you just feel so.. shiok! yeah.. I actually considered maybe singing at Wala-Wala! imagining me asking the manager how much it is to join.. or asking one of the band members whether i could join them or something.. haiyoh.. then again, it'll be long term.. and i've already got so many committments.. sighh.. I did think of joining Singapore Idol (yucks..) but nehhh.. it's not my type.. my dad asked me, 'who're you trying to prove?' that kinda got me..anyway what if i make a boo boo on national tv? what if i make it all the way then i lose at the last round? what are my intentions? and besides, i dun need the money, let along the fame and whatever that tags along.. it'll just be a competition and I dun wanna put myself on the line..

Anyway, my back's aching.. i've got some family members over tonight to celebrate my dad's b'day, which is in a few days.. My elder bro just called back from Bali and told us there had been an explosion there..just to let us know that he and mad and their friends are alright.. Man.. God protect them..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home