Monday, September 05, 2005

so clean. so empty.

I was just cleaning my bedroom table and eventually decided to clear away all the dried roses (that Kenley gave me) I've collected over the past year. I'm a neat freak so when i clear, i sweep, then i wipe clean with a damp cloth. Then soon i was wiping my whole desk, and the THINGS on my desk, and finally rearranging them to give myself more study space. (I've tested myself and realise I'm a 'Monica' in FRIENDS). Once i was done, i looked at my now-so-cleared-and spacious desk where my laptop is on.. and felt something missing - the roses. it used to be an eye-sore when there was a whole bunch of them in this huge vase at the corner of my desk - now it's gone. It feels as if I broke up or something.. like something's amiss.. (haha.. sorry yeah i quite drama-rama kind..) anyway, i'm glad i'm just not breathing in anymore of the fungi and dust that was growing and collecting on the dried rose petals. but still.. the sight of them just reminded me of my dearie... (eww.. ok before i get anymore mushier.. )

anyway, my malay is improving! even though still crawling.. now i can say, 'Apa khabar?' which means, 'how are you?', or 'oh maaf, saya mesti ke tandas sekarang!' which means, 'oh excuse me, i need to go toilet now..' and many more lah.. eh, ok not that many lah. But my lecture's really funny... maybe it's just the culture in malay.. i dunno. like, for us, we use malay when we wanna be casual or make a joke.. or something.. now that i learn malay in its formal terms, it's just different, but it's easy to learn. at least now i can understand a decent sentence...in a primary 1 textbook. My classmate - Jakob (pronounced ya-cob) is from Germany here for exchange, and apparently he's learning basic chinese too. he seems like a really hardworking guy majoring in physics. you may think i'm stalking him, well, i also found out how many siblings he has, and what they're studying.. and where! haha.. no lah.. it was during malay lab lah.. the teacher asks, 'Jakob! Awak berapa adik-beradik?' (how many siblings do you have?') 'Saya ada dua orang abang.' (i've two older brothers) 'Abang Jakob belajar di universiti?' (do they study in the uni?) 'Ya' (ya.) 'seorang belajar sains, seorang belarjar (oops i forgot the word for) medicine' (one is studying in science and the other medicine). yups. so heh liddat, all of us knew each other our teacher went around asking everyone's background. (sneaky sneaky teacher ehhh)

anyway, i'm supposed to be going over to Chermaine's place to take a look at the husky puppy that i'm (hoping that i'm) gonna have! oh well, she hasn't called me yet.. not sure when they're bringing the dogs over to her place.. hope we can get that little pup! i'll treat it well.. will keep it indoors (oh today i turned on the air-con and Dino joined me at the dining table while i watched Calendar Girls! haha.. he shiok only ah.. see in the pic he was sniffing around too.. ) and liscence it and everything.. my family's looking forward to this new pup too... can't wait! will show pics of the little pup as soon as i see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home