Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sports Ball was fun!!


Last night was NUS Sports Ball at the Fullerton Hotel and I invited Kenley to come along with me (haha he's got no choice lah!). We sat with the lifesaving people (who are a bunch of nice ppl! pic on below..) and we were actually quite close to the stage! Food was great (if only the waiteress wasn't so efficient as to remove my unfinished chicken, which apparently was the BEST dish!), pageant .. ehh.. (thought Mei Shuang would win! (she's in the pic of girls, extreme right in gold..) love those spanish dresses!) then photo-taking (haha poor kenley had to wait for me.. he was still hungry!) then shortly after, had to go get the complimentary parking ticket.


OH. speaking of which, my friend initially told me that there were complimentary parking tickets available for Fullerton, so i parked my van in there. So i went to the girl in charge of the tickets, she told me there were actually LIMITED tickets available and they were ALL given out by the time i was asking for them. so i was like, 'but you guys didn't say it was limited! i parked my van in [this hotel] with the trust that you guys would provide the complimentary tickets for the participants and now you tell me i've got to pay it (which was DAMN ex!) by myself?' Then she was like, with both her hands in front of her as if pushing me away and with a 'sympathetic' smile, saying, 'i dunno. heh. IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM NOW.' wha. THAT last few words pissed me off. i'm..so.... ASHAMED of NUS ppl with her saying stuff like that. where is the degree of responsiblity in that?! she was practically shoving me away out of her problems so that she could just take some more pictures with her 'more happening' friends and just wanna quickly forget about the nothing-me. wow. talk about foreign talent. so i was thinking, 'Fine. i'll go ask my other friends to help me, since they're also in the committee and therefore probably have a better authority to ask for the ticket from the staff of Fullerton Hotel than me.' so i asked Olivia and Zareen, who were also in the midst of taking photos, (Olivia's in the middle, Zareen's on her right) and once they heard my plight, Olivia was like, 'OH! OK OK let's go ask the staff now!!' and they LEFT they grp of friends IMMEDIATELY straight to the reception to ask for an exceptional one more ticket for the nothing-me. I prayed along the way as we walked up the many many steps of the luxurious hotel to the main lobby's reception counter, with our (all 3 of us! haha) 4-inch heels killing us at the same time.. heh.. when we got there, with the 'power of 3', i got the ticket! Thank God! and of course, thanks to Olivia and Zareen who BOTHERED to go out of the way just to help a nothing-me! now THAT'S called responsibility. KUDOS to them! (haha.. ironically, they're also the 'NUS ppl' whom i was ashamed of earlier..but i'm glad there're the better parts of it!

anyway, ok enough of the complaining.. i wanna talk about today. nothing much lah. had waterpolo knock outs this morning at changi naval base - emerged ultimate losers (haha.. aiyah expected lah..) then coaching in the aftn - which was fruitful! then dinner with kenley. Sigh. you know, i love quite a number of things. I like dressing up (like for balls or formal dinners or parties), i like flowers (never had tulips, but roses are fine!), i like puppies (husky!) and i like surprises. Especially the last one - surprises. i think especially for occassions like birthdays, i believe they bring lots of joy to the person recieveing it. recently i've got a lot of friends whose birthdays have NOT yet arrived, but they were to leave overseas and wouldn't be around to celebrate the real day, and organizing a surprise party just with a small group of close friends really brought a smile to their face! and to mine too of course! i love taking the trouble to sms all those ppl and the adrenaline just comes automatically when i put 'it's a surprise for her!' .. wha.. i just love it.. thing is, i've never had any surprises for me. haha. maybe i can try to surprise MYSELF! haha.. ok. that's spastic.

anyway, my 21st is coming. sigh, i dun think kenley's the sort who could surprise me lah. he's got exams that week anyway!! gosh.. i rather he NOT doing all that and focus on his exams.. sigh. but nevermind. he just dun disappear on that day can already. and also for Christmas. the latter is my FAVORITE day (actually christmas eve), i prefer it to my birthday even! yup. apparently, (and according to my mum) it's pretty easy to satisfy me. the saying, 'it's the small things that matter' is so true for me. hmm... of course i like those small things too.. cos 'Good things come in small packages'!! haha..

2 Comments:

Blogger david said...

Hello dearie!

Well, this is one super long entry! And more palatable then the latest. Especially the pics with your gorgeous friends. = )

Anyhow regarding your b'day, i suggest you keep referring your friends to your blog,especially your closer ones. = ) They'd get the idea! = ) I can foresee a fantastic 21st for you. No matter if there are exams for someone or not; Ken looks like a real sweetie.

My! Life is really going well for you. How much you have grown from the 14 year old i knew way back! Yet you continue to be the good testimony to the ppl around you.

Take care and have a nice term.

10:05 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

hey man!
thanks for the encouragments! i'm really not sure how it's gonna be cos i've never had a surprise-anything in my life before (maybe cos i can sense that surprise even when it's coming! heh.. so in the end, not that 'surprising' lah.. heh..) but anyways, nvm, surprise or not, i'll just hope my loved ones are by my side when i celebrate it.. =)

yup this is me! have i really changed that much? (maybe just my complexion..) other than that.. nahh.. it's still the same old me!! (dunno whether good or bad tho.. haha.. ) hope we'll catch up again some time.. =)

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home