Thursday, September 29, 2005

To the anonymous commenter on 'what a life!' post.

This was what he/she commented:

Anonymous said...
WOAH?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY IN UNIVERSITY OR WHAT??? If being an education facilitator is simply adopting a "scary look", pedagogy wouldn't exist...SO PLEASE, don't have the false idea that teaching is something GOD can simply breathe into you while you're desperately praying. While there are pple spending 4 years in uni to acquire basic KNOWLEDGE of edcation and many years of practicum, FOUR days is an insult and a mockery (on you!). PLEASE la huh.

--------------------------------------------------------

HAha! Wha I took quite some time to think how to put this nicely for you.. OK, firstly, I would like to apologise for ANY offence that I might have inflicted on you. Secondly, all I ask of you now is to read on till the end.

OK just to clear things up, have you ever been a RELIEF teacher before? not a teacher, but one that's temporary, not for 3 months, but yeap, a mere 4 DAYS?

Imagine you were in my position: the class knows that you won't be around for long (so they know you can't teach much), plus they know you've not much experience in the teaching career (hence the naughty ones are inclined to bully you, esp if you're a female). My job over there was not merely to teach, but more on MAINTAINING the DISCIPLINE of the class (sometimes I didn't even teach a thing from the syllabus). Thus I adopted the "scary look" and it worked lah. It was just to get their attention, a STYLE (not method) of teaching (I'm sure you know the difference).

So that being said, I'll like to give you the benefit of the doubt that you would like to take back what you said implying that I know nuts about teaching, because then, you would have totally missed the point (you should read things in their respective CONTEXT, and not just pin-point on the nitty-gritty alone).

Lastly, to end off - the 'God' part. Now, you know you've touched dangerous waters here so here's what I've to say in defence of my faith. Obviously, you don't know much about the Christian faith - how powerful prayer is. I won't say that God might have 'breathed teaching' into me those 4 days (cos i wasn't praying for that in the first place!), but I know God was with me in the disciplining part..cos I WITNESSED the results (you probably won't understand unless you were in my position). I prayed for help in that, and I got it.

And you know what? I dare say if the need be, God REALLY CAN 'breathe' something into you out of the blue, IF it's according to His will. Oh well, up to you to believe that or not. "..blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

Should you need any other clarifications, you - anonymous one - could give maybe give me your email and we'll discuss it further. If I do not hear a reply from you after this post, I'll take it as you've accepted what I've clarified. Also, I hope that you would kindly refrain from giving such sweeping statments about a stranger's blog cos it'll also reflect you and your mind-set. I'll take this as a slight misunderstanding on your part, unless I really hadn't specified earlier. However, pls, do continue to patronise my blog in future. I welcome constructive and encouraging comments, should i need to improve my blogging.

Thanks for reading. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger efarmer said...

HAHA.. seriously, this person is one really fiesty fella. Maybe there are too many controversial blogs around and the "normal" way to leave comments is to hack at certain sentences.
I think you quite nice to reply to this person man, i might have just deleted his comment like it was some wierd advertisement.
Keep up the blogging, hope you do it because you like it. And not post mostly to vindicate yourself. I think the Christian talk is GREAT. Yes fiesty guy, attack me. haha. But can you pls do something abt the colour and length of the posts.
And the Kenly romantic part must censor la. HAHAHA....
Abel here btw.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home