Thursday, February 09, 2006

few more pics..

(above: us at T2 trying to get a group shot as all in one piece before we go)

the first time our van's door broke down - at Perth airport when we first got the van.
(val looks so traumatized while Ade looks thoughtful)

inside the stadium

South African girls vs England at the outdoor pool
Singapore men vs England
can't remember but i think it's the women's Australia vs Canada

Our coach, Matthew Tan prepping us before our game

Thinking back about the Commonwealth, I must say that the experience was really enriching. Not only about the other country's people and how they play and stuff.. but I learnt quite a bit about my own teammates --> and possibly about people around me.. and I think I learnt quite a bit about myself too. I don't wanna go into details but.. yep just a comment.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it me or do both pools look smaller than normal?

3:57 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

'smaller than normal' as in, from the competition size? or from any other regular pool? or what? is it smaller from the last competition size (due to change of rules), but it's not smaller than any other regular pool. the pool is the same Olympic sized 8-lane pool, just using the lane ropes and the post as the limits.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Blogs are the way the world learns geography."

-- Samarra Semanczyk (1984-)

10:38 AM  
Blogger efarmer said...

Hey, interesting pics, can see you were having a lot of fun. Saw those on friendster also. Super weird, like suddenly got dog pics among the human pics hahahaha. Anyway, i think its swan river, not lake. At first i thot it was the sea. Did you go cottlesloe beach.. ?? then thats the Indian Ocean liao.

10:00 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

haha.. oops swan river then. I'm not sure what's the name of the beach that we went to..I think it might be that.. should be the Indian Ocean anyway huh.. Perth only faces one side of Australia.. unless it's the Antartic Ocean (did i get that right?..my geog's going..)

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home