Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My most memorable BBQ..


Just what did we do for our 2nd Valentine's Day? - We had dinner.
Was it posh? - Nope. BBQ! --> TAKE AWAY bbq that is!

haha.. it was damn fun. I went with my mum and Kenley over to NTUC to get the wire mesh and aluminium tray and all the food (actually simply beef and cheese sausages) and chocolate for the chocolate banana.. then went to my place and while I was running around the house packing all the ice ah, charcoal ah, bed-n-breakfast table ah, mat ah..and all that, Kenley was preparing the banana chocolate and subsequently ate some dinner (home-cooked) with my Dad cos my dad warned that we won't be eating till another 2 hrs later - which later became true.

So after we were all packed and ready to go, we made our way to my favorite place - West Coast Park. Guess where we had our picnic. It was a mere 2.5m from the car park itself. It was practically behind my van. HAHA! however, we had our lamp as our source of light so that we could see what we're cooking. Plus, the weather was remarkable. It was windy the whole night! So shiok.

So we tried to get the fire started. *fan fan fan*. No fire. We played cards - the game of speed - while waiting for the the inital big flames to 'grow smaller for cooking'. We didn't know they'ld DIE down to nothing again. No fire for the next 1 hr. We were down to our last fire-starter. I almost wanted to cry but Kenley kept fanning undaunted. Then, he stopped. I thought he gave up too. Then he suddenly said, 'Aye, yay, good' nonchalently. then I noticed that the WHOLE bunch of charcoal in there were in flames! the whole thing just BURST into flames from no where! I was SOOO excited.. I was like, YAY! we can finally eat! So we started our meal at like, 9pm. (I think by then most people must have progressed to part 2 of their agenda for the night huh..) and every now and then, the fire would die, but we were encourage by our first episode and faithfully fanned the glowing charcoals till flames reappeared again.. it was a really fun experience.. enriching? haha.. might say that..

We cooked our beef (too well done..damn tough to eat eh..) and the cheese sausages (SPETACULAR.. they were the best man.. both of us finished all 10 sticks)... then, we had our dessert - Chocolate Banana!! woo hoo.. it was real good. when we were left with our last chocolate banana, they were burning hot, so hot that the banana's 'essence' was seeping out of the aluminium foil and simmering in the tray like frying oil.. so when we took it out and put it on our plastic plates, that were on our plastic bed-n-breakfast table, there were some charcoal that came with it and it burnt through the plastic plate AND the bed-n-breakfast table. I was like ARGHH!!! Kenley! it's melting the table!! then I so smart..threw the still-glowing little cube of charcoal into our plastic bag also the dustbin. Little did I know that that same charcoal burnt through the plastic bag, which was on our straw mat - and burnt it too. And I was like, ARGHH!! it's burning this too!!

Haha.. from no fire to too much of it. But Kenley and I took some pics there and in the van. Our dinner ended pretty early about 10.30pm..my mum was surprised how come I came back so early.. My friend on msn thought I didn't go out in the first place. heh.

Fun fun fun. This is the first Valentine's where I dont' really feel the lovey-dovey feeling that much. cos no flowers or gifts (but there's chocolate!). I warned Kenley not to get me flowers today (even though i'm a real sucker for flowers)..found it really waste of money.

I loved tonight. It was really fun, despite the burnt stuff that might have ruined a bit of the night. Learnt about some stuff about Kenley and myself too. You know, sometimes you can't, or rather, SHOULDN'T expect too much - or anything, for that matter - of your bf/gf. He/She not doing how/what you think he/she should have done doesn't make him/her any different or inferior. Sometimes I finally realize I need to work this out within myself.

Looking back at tonight, I'm glad it went according to how it went. It was perfect.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:38 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Thanks, rugger J, for that knock at the side. I actually felt quite uneasy the moment I wrote that part in. Maybe cos I thought not many people might be reading in the first place. heh.

Thanks again. I've removed it already.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home