Friday, December 16, 2005

polo trgs, Christmas shopping and more polo trgs.

I've not been blogging for about a week or two now.. yes the Christmas tree is finally up..not exactly decorated to its fullest but..by Christmas Eve should be there already lah..

This whole week I've been at polo trainings every morning and night.. monday was night training..not so bad..lots of swimming tho.. tues-fri onwards had 6.15-8am training at Toa Payoh.. heh..and I actually went for ALL morning trainings..together with Ade, Net and Jac..we were the 4 consistent ones every morning.. it was mostly swimming and swimming with ball too.. wha i must tell you what an ordeal I've got with swimming-with-ball sets. Firstly, you gotta try to control the ball (for those non-players, this is like swimming the free style but this time, you're 'dribbling' a polo ball in front of ur head) and by controlling the ball means either kicking really fast and pulling short and fast strokes with ur arms... OR .. you could use ur forearms to push it from side to side if it sways. I, the lousy swimmer, took the latter method of course.. was too tired to swim fast and do those short strokes. SO..as a result, my right fore arm (where you've got ur bone from ur elbow to ur wrist) is red and rough -- it's bruised. I've been using it to knock the ball (that kept drifting to my right side, hence using the right hand to swerve it back) and I think there's a slight abrasion. sigh.

Before that, my injury #1 was my right arm - I couldn't even pass a ball. Have been going for physio for three days straight (oh yeah, Eunice, I saw you leading ur children's camp over at the Kallang Mac's! wanted to say hi but you entered the kitchen of Mac's and had to bring the children behind the counter for their tour.. so i left lah..) anyway, my physio therapist is really good..and nice! she really knows how to fix the problem exactly by testing where it hurt judging from my limited movements. oh yeah, i went into the whirl pool too.. supposed to enter a super cold one (15 degrees C) for 3 mins, then quickly change over to a HOT tub (about 37 deg C) for another 3 mins. and then you change over and this repeats for 6 times. 18mins in all. haha.. obviously the lousy me made a LOTT of noise when i entered the cold one (I couldn't even breathe man!!) then when i went into the hot one, it 'stung' my skin at first, but then after that i didn't want to get out.. haha so they said i could stay in the hot one for the rest of 10 mins. haha.. i loser lah.. this is supposed to be good to remove the lactic acid from my vessels (cos of all that constrictions and dilations.. ) especially when i'm aching all over and am super tired.. I'm planning to go again and do the full 6 changes next time..

anyway, oops.. sorry went a bit side tracked.. yeah so that's my injury #1. injury #2 is actually all that muscle ache around my shoulder joints (you know when you try to do push up..those muscles near ur armpit..yeah..damn pain)..i couldn't even lift my L/R arms up and sleep. went for Sport Massage for that and it helped a lot. Injury #3 would be my arm now...all red and sore.. and soon, by next week before Christmas, injury #4 would be heart -- heart pain from spending too much money.. heh.. yeah i should be controlling too lah.. need to save up for Commonwealth.....!!!

Oh YEAH.. ARghhhh.. we STILL haven't got any sponsors for our Commonwealth Games!!! sigh.. but TeamSingapore said they might help out a bit. But chances are, don't think we can get the full subsidy.. oh well, if they could help us pay about half i'll be grateful already. aye, it's a LOT of money lor.. sigh.

okok .. I think i should stop complaining.. aiyoh.. I think my bf read also sian already.. in reality complain, here in cyber-reality also complain.. tsk tsk.. what kind of gf am i man..

K lah.. I a 'bit' tired now.. (yah from all that swimming plus with ball, plus saving about.. 50 balls tonight? no.. not tired at all.. ) i wanna catch up with my sleep.. YAY! tmr dun need to wake up so early!! it's a Saturday!!.. good good. ... aiyoh but then got coaching then got waterpolo match at tp then.....

guess it'll never end huh. Can't wait for Christmas..anyhow. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger efarmer said...

hey you training for water polo and fighting war?? Anyway a Merry and Blessed Christmas to you cos i wont be back until the new year. Take care.

9:02 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

oh you won't?? aiyoh what a waste.. cos my house having all-nighter party then thought you live so near can just join anytime..louise also invited.. aiyah oh well, new year huh.. ok then I'll see you next year then! Merry Christmas too!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home